Friday, March 4, 2011

Kelly's Korner- Show Us Your Life Series

I have enjoyed reading the SUYL series at Kelly's Korner for the past year or so. This is the first time I have ever participated though. The week is all about family.

Since they have both played such a big role in my life, I decided to focus on my two sisters. I was blessed to be born the baby sister of 2 older girls. From left: Robyn, Liz, Momma Betty, Suzi


Aren't my sisters  and momma just gorgeous!?
___________________________________________________________________________________

When I was little, Robyn was almost like a second mother. Even though she still busts that out every so often, we are now very good friends. She is voice of reason in my new momma insanity, and always makes me feel better when I'm down.

There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. ~Mary Montagu

 Here are a few things I love about my sister Robyn
* Your newfound talent for cupcaking
* Your soft voice and sweet laugh
* Memories of listening to your Paula Abdul and Prince RECORDS!
* That you love live music as much as I do
* Our random midnight runs to Wal-mart
* Your courage and determination to finish your degree
* That fact that your hair always looks good
* Remembering all the fun times we had while you were driving me the 90 miles to chemo everyday for months
* Our shared love of Starbucks, SNL, flip-flops, candles, and lip gloss
__________________________________________________________________________________
I grew up pretty much in the shadow of Liz. I stole her clothes, eavesdropped her phone calls, and annoyed her friends. But when she moved off to college, we immediately became great friends. Even though she is 7 hours away, we talk almost every day. I am so thankful that God blessed me with two beautiful sisters!

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

Here are a few things I love about my sister Elizabeth
* Memories of us staying home together during the summers ( You introduced me to pizza rolls, and you always made my scrambled eggs just how I wanted)
* You can put anyone else in their place ( especially these strong-willed men in our family! )
* I so admire your style- home decor, cooking, clothing, etc.
* You understand me even when I don't understand myself
* Our shared love of reality tv, community service, and Banana Republic
* Your hilarious teacher stories
* Memories of us camping all the way to Canada- I don't know how Dad dealt with our whining!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes my sisters and I joke that in the end, we will all end up living together in an old farmhouse. We'll spend our days drinking sweet tea and rocking on the front porch. I can imagine we will fuss with each other, and then solve the worlds problems!

P.S. That was in good fun, we all actually plan on spending the rest of my life with our sweet hubbies. Brandon and I will spend our time on the front porch too, and I am sure we will fuss. But he hates sweet tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment