Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time Management for New Mommies!


I never dreamed being a mommy to two little ones would be as rewarding as fun as it has been so far! I also never dreamed that our daily life would change so drastically.

Getting out of the house with a fully clothed and fed 6 year old isn't always an easy feat. Adding a 10 pound screamer didn't really help matters!

Since Hubby works away during the week, I am on my own with the kids. Getting the housework done, dinners prepared, stories read, and baths given have proven to be a complete juggling act for me.

One issue I have had to wrestle with in my mind is that of community and church involvement. It is sooooo hard for me to tell people no, especially when the time committment is for a good cause.

After alot of praying, my thought process has started to change about how my time is spent outside of home. I am beginning to think of my boys ( hubby included) and my home as my mission field. I know that there are many needs in our community, but I cannot reason attending to those at the expense of our homelife.

Big G still does his karate, and I am still part of our local womens community improvement group. Sunday worship is still a priority, as is time with friends and family. Beyond that, my reply will probably be a gracious and polite no!

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. We are all at different phases in our life. I have such a desire for mission work overseas and this will be one of the first summers I'm not going to be out of the country for a while. However, I know that God has given me these precious children to share the Gospel with. They are included in the Great Commission of Christ. We also can teach them how to give to missions and pray for missionaries as well.

    ReplyDelete