Friday, March 18, 2011

Ritz & Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

This is probably one of my favorite "go-to" dinners. It really is the simplest, most delicious casserole! After coming home from work yesterday and knowing I had two hungry boys ( and myself) to feed, this was on the table in less than 30 minutes.

To make prep easy, I start with a store-bought rotisserie chicken. The only other ingrediant I had to buy was sour cream, making the total for this meal about $7.00!
* Pull the chicken off the bones and throw into a large mixing bowl.
* Add one can cream of mushroom soup, 3 large dollops of sour cream, and one tbsp poppy seed
* Pour chicken mixture into 9 x 9 baking dish.
*Crush 2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers and sprinkle on top.
* Finish with another tbsp of poppy seeds and 1/2 stick melted butter
* Bake for 30 minutes and ENJOY!

Quick. Easy. Awesome! With it I served a quick tossed salad and King's Hawaiian dinner rolls. You really should give this recipe a try. If you do, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment