Monday, March 14, 2011

Tidy Tips that work for me!


I have discovered recently that there is so much more to homemaking that just " cleaning ". It took me several years as a wife and momma to recognize this. With the addition of sweet baby G, I have been forced to find more efficient ways of keeping my home neat and tidy ( and my sanity in check!)

Here are a few "tricks" that seem to save me time and work:

* We don't use them often, but paper plates and plastic utensils are great for snacks and sandwiches when the dishwasher is full and I don't have time to empty it. This helps keep my kitchen clean!

* I DESPISE putting away laundry, so I force myself to hang everything ( yes, even Hubby's undershirts) up before it ever leaves the laundry room. Everyone in the house transfers their empty hangers there once a week, so clothes don't get folded up and forgotten!

* I keep Lysol wipes in both bathrooms, the kitchen, and the laundry room. A quick swipe when I notice dirt or crumbs or smudges prevents having to spend a lot of time on it later.

* In my living room, I keep a  basket with my dust cloth and spray and Febreze air freshener. If I running low on time or unexpected company is coming, I have those items on hand and the basket doubles as a catch-all!

2 comments:

  1. Great Tips. Too funny about your laundry tips... I hate putting up laundry as well :(!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind doing laundry at all, and I LOVE the smell of fresh clean laundry out of the dryer. Thats as far as my tolerance goes though. I have to force myself to put things away every week :(

    ReplyDelete