Friday, March 25, 2011

Meatloaf Magic!



Again, I am participating in Marcie's DWYH Homemaking Party. As always, I'm always on the hunt for hearty and fast meals to fill the bellies of my two hungry guys :)

Sooooooo, I  made the most AMAZING meatloaf last weekend. It was honestly the best meatloaf I have ever had! I'm not usually very cocky, I'm just being honest here. When I tasted it, I really felt like I'd done something special :)

I pulled out all my many meatload recipes, and pulled from each one what I thought would make a good recipe. Also, I didn't want to wait 1 1/2 hours for baking, so I skipped the "loaf" part and formed them into patties. This cut the cooking time down to about 30 minutes.

2 lbs hamburger meat
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup  ketchup
1 cup dry dressing mix ( I used Stove-Top Herb)

Mix all ingrediants well and form into patties. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I brushed mine with ketchup during the last 10 minutes.

The dry stuffing mix is the magic ingredient I think. It absorbed some moisture while baking, but still stayed crunchy and flavorful!

I served this with mashed potatoes, a quick salad, and biscuits. It's rare to find a meatloaf that kids really like. Big G, my nieces Emily and Joey, and all the adults left smiling and full!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I just came across your blog.

    Your meatloaf recipe seems to be really good and looks good as well. You said to form them into patties but it looks as if you put yours into a muffin tin or something or did you make them into patties? I don't make meatloaf as much because I try to do casseroles and such so the the meat is lasts longer and goes further but sometimes not. I do like some good meatloaf though.

    Anyway i have been looking around your blog. It has been nice to come across your blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    These in the pic were done in a muffin tin. It worked pretty well. I figured out though that I like the edges and outside to get a little crispy, so now I just form them into patties.

    During the week, I am only cooking for myself and my oldest son. So it seems when we use a loaf pan, we waste more. Also, I like to take my lunch to work as much as possible.

    Thanks for reading and for commenting, and for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete