Thursday, November 18, 2010

What does any of this have to do with ME?

Just a forethought: THANKS to anyone out there who reads my blogs. I don't do this to be heard or seen, but rather to keep everyone informed about our adoption and to raise awareness about adoption in general. Please leave me comments, they are such an encouragement to read!

In February of 2009, Mrs. Ponnee was so kind to email me about an adoption conference coming up at Southern Seminary.  Dr. Russell Moore was the key speaker and Andrew Peterson did the worship music ( he remains my fave artist).

This link takes you to an excerpt written by Russell Moore. He and his wife Maria adopted two sweet boys from a Russian orphanage. His words break my heart everytime I read them.


He makes it very clear that the issue of adoption isn't just for people who want more children. It is for those who can pray, give, and go!

Adoption applies to all believers. It isn't just about the unwanted and orphaned children in our world. It is also about the wonderful love and mercy of God. God adopted all of us when we first believed in him.


http://www.russellmoore.com/2009/01/16/finding-jesus-in-a-russian-orphanage/

No comments:

Post a Comment