Friday, November 5, 2010

Hurt is inevitable in adoption....

Just a quick update, as I don't really feel like typing out a long blog.

I keep thinking about something I read last night on another adoptive mama's blog. She said that getting pregnant is never a guarentee, no matter how hard you want it to happen. But if you can withstand the wait and hurt that comes with adoption, you will be successful. May not be true, but it is making me feel better today.
We were communicating with a family wanting to place their 1 yr old twins. We even watched a video of the girls playing. I was hooked, and Hubby was pretty excited too. And in my true nature, I had their names already.

Unfortunately, there are some questions concerning who actually has custody of these sweet babies. There is a language barrier, so it is hard to get a direct answer.

To sum it up, we are not very hopeful. The only hope we have is that God would place a burden on the birthmom's heart to place these girls with us (she has been told she will lose her rights either way).

So once again, please pray. Pray that these girls will find their forever home. Even if it isn't with us, they deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment