Friday, February 25, 2011

No one does comfort food better than Paula Deen!

I usually cook a big meal on Thursday when hubby gets home, so Fridays are often homemade pizza or quesadillas. However, I actually went to work this week. I am not tired as much as I am homesick. My tummy needs some soul food!

 Giving in to these calorie and fat-laden craving will require not only shopping for the ingrediants, but also the preparation, serving, and cleaning up of the mess I will  make. Dinner will be definately followed by a nap!
I knew I was going to do good ole BBQ chicken on the grill, a big salad, and sweet yeast rolls. I found a great Paula Deen recipe for baked mac & cheese that sounds soooooo good! It is cheesy and rich, with a little kick! It will be perfect I'm sure!



I am also making a rice pudding from a recipe her son uses. It has dried cranberries, orange zest, and nutmeg in it. That just screams " comfort food" to me! It also has sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream. Need I say more!



Hopefully it will be exactly what we all need to wind down from a rainy workweek! I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully the recipes deem themselves share-worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment