Monday, December 13, 2010

Potential Baby News

Whew! I've been a bad blogger. My apologies. Life has been crazy hectic around here. I am finishing up my coursework for my graduate classes, and Christmas preparations has taken reign of my spare time!

However, there has been some activity on the adoption front. We were matched with a couple up near Canada whose baby is due in early February. For whatever reason, they aren't communicating with the agency very well. So for the time being, that situation is on the back burner.

We have been presented to a birthmom in a neighboring state. She is due in early 2011. She was sent a handful of family profiles, and has seemed to narrow it down to us and another couple. She plans to take the profiles to a counselor today and review her options. The agency expects her decision by Wednesday at the latest. PLEASE PRAY for her as she makes ones of the biggest decisions of her life. Of course, we want to be the family she chooses for her sweet baby. But mostly, we want her to be at peace with her decision.

Based on my conversations with the agency, the other family probably has the advantage. The birthmom prefers both parents to be college-educated. I just hope that there is something, anything  in our profile that stands out to her and tugs at her heartstrings. I hope she sees the love and committment in our marriage, the laughter and giggles at our house, and the wonderful life we could give to another child.

I will update when I hear something new! And again, please know how grateful I am that you care enough to read these blog posts. It really warms my heart to know that we have so much support on our journey to adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment