Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The cause of my insomnia!

I do not stay awake at night thinking about how I have NO baby clothes or supplies. I do not toss and turn wondering WHEN we will get a call. I don't even ponder on how we'll adjust to a new little baby. I know that God and family will take care of all that.

I spend countless hours laying in the bed thinking about baby names. I run through the alphabet with both boy and girl names. I surf the internet at least every other day. I wear my family out suggesting and questioning new names I've come up with.

I have nothing. It seemed so much easier the first time. Big G's name was strong, timeless, and spunky .
I think I do this because it is the only thing I have to hold on to in terms of a new baby. I have no pregnancy symptoms. I have no due date. The paperwork is done.

I would LOVE input. I probably won't stop my name-finding antics anytime soon, but i would like to hear what other people think.

Girl Names:
Lucy Caroline
Lucy Blair
Elin Blair
Amelia Blair
Amelia Suzanne

Boy Names:
Ian David
Hayden Scott ( Hayes is my middle name, as well as my dad)
Micah David
Alec David
Isaac David
Jonah David
Colin David

I may have months or even years to pick out a name. I may have to decide next week. Who knows!

3 comments:

  1. Suzanne, I like all those names! I am excited for you guys and am praying for you as you await the little one God has chosen for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound really nice. I like Amelia for a girl and Hayden for a boy. My suggestion is just don't get too attached. We have/had names picked out for a boy and girl and in the process of waiting they all got used by close friends or family. Since it is the only thing you can hold on to, it hurts when they are taken. Who knows, you may get one with a name already like we did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so true Jessica. Ya'll were blessed with a sweet girl with a sweet name!

    I don't think attachment will be an issue much. I think of new names every week. There are just so many beautiful boy and girls names out there.

    Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete